(FAIRUSE NOTICE: This blog site may contain copyrighted material. Such material is made available for educational purposes only. This constitutes a 'Fair Use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in Title 17 USC Section 107 of the US Copyright Law.)
Monday, September 16, 2013
VIDEO: Documenting a cruise ship 2013 Northwest Passage - ICEBREAKING WAS THE HIGHLIGHT OF OUR TRIP
This is the record of a voyage through the Canadian Arctic along the Northwest Passage.
This Northwest Passage adventure starts from Greenland with visits to Kangerlussuaq on the Sondre Stromfjord, Sisiumiut and Ilulissat on Disko Bay where the Jacobshavn Icefjord spewing out massive icebergs.
Departing Greenland and sailing across the Davis Strait into Baffin Bay, the ship enters the Canadian Arctic and includes:
- Pond Inlet on Baffin Island
- kayaking at Dundas Harbour on Devon Island
- the Marine Bird Sanctuary on Prince Leopold Island
- the Franklin Expedition gravesites on Beechey Island
- passage through Bellot Strait
- an escort through the Franklin Strait by an icebreaker (CCGS Henry Larsen)
- Victory Point on King William Island
- Cambridge Bay on Victoria Island
Along the route there are sightings on humpback whales, pilot whales, harp seals and polar bears on land, swimming in the ocean and on ice floes.