Canadian Favourites was started BY CANADIANS because we know there are so many of you out there like us, who can't find a favourite food item when you're away from home. Maybe you're a long-stay snowbird or a more permanently transplanted Canadian, You now have a convenient, safe, and easy way to order all those hard to find favourites. We also welcome all of you that may have visited Canada for a memorable vacation or were here on business and your palate discovered many unique Canadian flavours.
- Arctic Co-operatives Limited was incorporated in 1972.
- Provides support to a co-op network with combined revenues of approximately $196.7 million in 2012.
- The Member Co-op Patronage Refund in 2012 was $12.3 million.
- Over 900 people are employed in our Co-op network.
- The Co-op System in the north is a great example of Aboriginal community economic development in Canada
- The 31 Co-ops are independently owned and controlled Inuit and Dene businesses. They operate retail facilities, hotels, cable operations, construction, outfitting, arts and crafts production and property rentals.
When people hear the word Co-op in the north, many think of our retail stores. Retail makes up the majority of our business and throughout the north you will see our distinctive green and red striped buildings.
The Merchandising Division provides group procurement services to help reduce the cost of buying groceries. The annual re-supply for stores served by ship is also co-ordinated by this division. From recreational vehicle parts to fresh produce, our retail stores have it all. For smaller communities such as Colville Lake, a new retail facility ensures that members will have local access to the services and infrastructure they need. Some Co-ops pay out patronage dividends based on the member's annual purchases. It really does pay for members to do all their shopping at the Co-op